Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Gravely Disappointed

Dear Manila Boy,

This is one of those days I wish you weren’t so far away. I need to ask you, is there no decent man left in this world? How did I wind up with an indecent proposal today? I was minding my business at work when this friend of mine, and mind you, you know him too, pops online and starts chatting with me. What started as a pleasant conversation turned into a compromising and awkward situation two and half hours after it began. I am livid and greatly disappointed. Not to mention extremely hurt.

I know I did the right thing in doubting his intentions. I succeeded in dragging out the things I didn’t want to hear by painstakingly badgering him with questions and giving him reasons as to why I cannot see him tonight. I suspected that there had to be no good reason behind the urgency of it all. It had to be tonight or forget about it completely.

In the end he backed down, he apologized for thinking I would have agreed to such an invitation when we hardly know each other. But I’m afraid the damage has been done. I was straightforward. It felt good and awful at the same time. I stood for what I believed in. The only thing I didn’t tell him was that I believe in romance, in being swept off my feet. None of this one night stands and then just hope it works out.

It feels awful because I do like him. I’m going to make him pay for this, I’m going to make him fall for me. Do you think it’s worth the trouble at all? He made a mistake, he admitted that. I’m afraid that mistake is an irreconcilable one. Isn’t trust the beginning and the end of it all?

Wishing you were closer,
Toronto Girl

2 comments:

point guard # 05 said...

so how do i link this to my site..?

cdnrose said...

go to dashboard, go to layout, click Add a Page Element, find Link List and Add to Blog... you'll figure out the rest... =)