Thursday, January 17, 2008

Level of Unreasonableness

Dear Manila Boy,

Last night, an old friend and I chatted. He is currently working in Singapore. Uh-huh Singapore Boy. He said that he might be in NYC at the end of the month to clear out all his '07 vacation time. Would I meet him there for coffee, he asked. Without missing a beat, I said yes. We chatted for a bit more while I surfed the net for cheap airline tickets. I found one that was fairly reasonable, only $400 for a round-trip ticket.

We agreed that he would let me know as soon as his plans were finalized. Unreasonable? Perhaps. I would have to take 2 days off from work; I'm thinking of staying overnight, at most 2 nights with the last Friday rushing back to Toronto for work like any normal day. Airport to work. Crazy? Maybe. Would it be worth it? Maybe not. But it will be fun. A $400 coffee date. At least it will make me smile for a whole month.

Your crazy friend,
Toronto Girl

No comments: